вторник, 23 января 2018 г.

hugo_cocktail

Light Hugo cocktail (elderflower Prosecco cocktail)

THE drink of the summer is this light Hugo cocktail!

The summer isn’t gone yet, but I’ve always felt like it ends the minute August ends. September to me has always been the month of new beginnings, a fresh start. In some ways even more than New Year. People are now back from their summer holidays, school has started this week, the city is coming to life once again, after a long hazy summer.

I’m very excited for autumn, but I’m not trying to rush things here. I actually like this semi-summer situation. The afternoons can still be crazily hot, but the crisper mornings and shorter days are a great reminder of what’s happening. We’re transitioning.

And I have the perfect drink for it, I have Hugo. A great summer cocktail, full of mint, florally sweet, bubbly and light; something to make a toast with, say goodbye to August and hello to September.

Now the reason for sharing this cocktail is of celebratory nature. You see, August is the birthday month of Mitzy At Home. It’s been a YEAR! One year ago (plus a few days) is when I started this little blog here. I wasn’t a complete blogging newbie though; I had a trial blog, never regularly updated, before this one. But I was still pretty new to the idea of food blogging.

And now a year later I’m feeling more comfortable than ever, sharing recipes and photos, connecting with you over food and sometimes other stuff as well! And there is so much more I want to do. And I really want to thank each and everyone of you that come here, day after day, to read the posts, share them, comment, connect over social media, … it all means so much!

The first recipe I posted last year was this Elderflower blueberry lime mocktail. Actually inspired by the classic Hugo I’m sharing today. It seems fitting, doesn’t it?

Whether you are celebrating with me or just want to enjoy a really good drink (because I promise you it’s really good) – cheers! I hope August was good to you and I hope you have a kick ass September.

Easily split into 4 servings.

  • ice cubes (I use 3-5 per glass)
  • 60ml (4 tablespoons) elderflower syrup
  • 200ml (7 fl oz) Prosecco or sparkling wine
  • 150-200ml (5-7 fl oz) sparkling mineral water (or club soda or seltzer)
  • a handful of mint leaves
  • lime slices (optional)
  1. Place ice cubes in each glass. Pour over the syrup, then add Prosecco and mineral water.
  2. Lastly add a nice bunch of mint leaves to each glass. And, if you want, a slice or two of lime.

- 30ml elderflower syrup

- 20ml mineral water

If you can't find elderflower syrup at your grocery store, you can also get it at Ikea. I've bought it there before and it's a good one!

Hugo cocktail

Make me a cocktail

The world's best cocktail resource

Cocktail recipe

  • #6 / 8 in Elderflower Liqueur Cocktails
  • |
  • see all.
  • #31 / 65 in Mint Leaves Cocktails
  • |
  • #19 / 75 in Lemon Cocktails
  • |
  • #4 / 9 in Sparkling Water Cocktails
  • |
  • #10 / 12 in Prosecco Cocktails

5 Ingredients

  • 4 Mint Leaves 4 Mint Leaves 4 Mint Leaves
  • 1 slice Lemon 1 slice Lemon 1 slice Lemon
  • 10 cl Sparkling Water 10 cl Sparkling Water 10 cl Sparkling Water
  • 15 cl Prosecco 15 cl Prosecco 15 cl Prosecco
  • 2 cl Elderflower Liqueur 2 cl Elderflower Liqueur 2 cl Elderflower Liqueur
  • Original

Microbadges (Expand)

Featured in a user list on the site

We have a photo of this cocktail

Has been featured as cocktail of the day on this site

" > Cocktail Of The Day

Found In Lists

Thankyou for your email, we'll look at the issue as soon as we can.

Activity on this cocktail

Can you make this?

Personalise your bar and see what cocktails you can make

Elsewhere on the net

Here's cocktail expert Paul McFadyen taking us through how to make the Hugo, a drink set to take Great Britain by storm this Summer. Rain or shine. You'll need: . ">Perfect Serve: How to make the Hugo https://www.youtube.com/embed/novhG74sF08

Hugo, un cocktail aperitivo molto apprezzato nel Trentino, nell'Alto Adige e nel nord est della nostra penisola. Un cocktail semplice , fresco e gradevole e . ">Hugo - cocktail aperitivo https://www.youtube.com/embed/aHd6QrK0Fng

How to make Hugo cocktail drink. Step by step recipe. The perfect drink for a warm day - or any day!">How to make Hugo Cocktail

    [ajax call='elsewhere_on_the_net' args='typee:web,cid:8005,title:Hugo']

You might also like

Maple Morning
Sweet Flower
Whiskey Sour

Recent searches

  • No searches made.

Add to a list

You need to be a member in create and edit lists. Register here

Already a member? Login.

Add to basket
  • 4 Mint Leaves Mint Leaves ( )
  • 1 slice Lemon Lemon ( )
  • 10 cl Sparkling Water Sparkling Water ( )
  • 15 cl Prosecco Prosecco ( )
  • 2 cl Elderflower Liqueur Elderflower Liqueur ( )
Add to My Bar
  • 4 Mint Leaves Mint Leaves
  • 1 slice Lemon Lemon
  • 10 cl Sparkling Water Sparkling Water
  • 15 cl Prosecco Prosecco
  • 2 cl Elderflower Liqueur Elderflower Liqueur
Email the recipe
Text the recipe
  • Badges & Reputation
  • Advertising
  • Privacy Policy
  • T&C
  • FAQ
  • About
  • Subscribe
  • Contact
  • Copyright © 2017 Make me a cocktail. All Rights Reserved.
  • Enter your email address and we'll send you a free Ebook of cocktail recipes.

    As well as receiving weekly updates packed with our latest drink and cocktail related content.

    And . done! Awesome.

    Your 'Top 50 Cocktails' book is whizzing through the old t'internet as we speak, and should be with you soon.

    Hugo Cocktail Recipe

    Oh happy day! Today, Kyla is back from House Of Hipsters back with us sharing a dreamy cocktail! I’m excited to give this Hugo Cocktail Recipe a try… I bet you will be too! Cheers.

    Hi guys! I’ve just returned from visiting family in Germany. We took both kids across the pond and had an absolute blast! Oma and Opa watched the kids while The Boy and I gallivanted across Munich. Then it was back to their house for some much needed rest and relaxation. Now I sit here in my office, day dreaming of The Fatherland, but to take me back, I sip on a Hugo.

    My mother-in-law (Oma), well known for her fancy libations, made me a cocktail called a Hugo…amongst many others. (I swear, I can drink for days over there.) But this one in particular, she likes to enjoy on the patio during the summer months because of it’s nice crisp, refreshing taste. After one sip, I exclaimed, “I’ll enjoy one of these bad boys any day, any time, any where.” Super delicious, but then again, how can you go wrong with a drink she described as a champagne aperitif with elderflower and mint? Since it’s happy hour o’clock, I’d like to share with you my mother-in-law’s Hugo cocktail recipe.

    I’m always suspicious when someone pours me a drink, and says, “Here, try this.” Maybe it’s because of all the bad jokes we played on one another back in my college days with cement mixers and black licorice shots. Ewe, so nasty. But The Boy’s mom has good taste, so I trusted her. I was also incredibly jet-lagged when she handed me an icy beverage. The first of many was called an Aperol Spritz. Basically the same recipe as a Hugo, but instead of the Elderflower syrup which is sweeter, you use Aperol. It was a little bitter, but it was mixed with champagne, so there was no sending this one back. I drank it to the last drop.

    Some people think you can only drink champagne on special occasions. I beg to differ. Champagne is delicious…and before everyone starts to correct me, yes, I know true champagne only comes from France, but let’s all play along…besides, the mother-in-law’s champagne was actually from France since she lives a stone’s throw away. Seriously, France is like 8 mins from her house. So jealous. Anyhoo, back to my champagne point. I don’t buy fancy champagne when I make these drinks. I’m mixing them with other ingredients, so I like to keep it under $10 a bottle or there abouts. Personally, I really like to use Barefoot Bubbly or Korbel Brut. For the price, you can’t beat the taste. Also something to note, since you are adding a sweet syrup to this drink, I like to use a Brut. It’s sharper in taste. Enjoy!

    Hugo Cocktail Recipe

    Author House of Hipsters

    Ingredients

    • 200 ml champagne Brut
    • 100 ml sparkling water
    • 1-2 teaspoons elderflower syrup found at IKEA or Amazon
    • 1-2 mint leaves
    • 1-2 slices of lime

    Instructions

    If you like this cocktail, you might enjoy my others as well.

    Brandy Old-Fashion Cocktail Recipe

    You can also find me hanging out here:

    About Kelly Rowe

    A DIY fanatic, Kelly shares her journey through her blog, Live Laugh Rowe, where she showcases her recipes, tutorials, crafts, home projects, and all things DIY. This East Coast Girl at heart believes family is number one as she finds the perfect balance of being a daughter, wife, sister, entrepreneur, writer and woman of God. Be sure to follow along as she shares her passion for life, love and family! Google+

    Hi Kelly, I had pinned your Hugo cocktail recently and fell in love with the calligraphy font for “Hugo” on the feature photo. Do you happen to know or remember the name for that font? Thanks, and I’m very impressed with your blog!

    Trackbacks

    […] ordered. For the Hugo cocktail recipe and a few more details on my vacation, head on over to Live Laugh Rowe today. BTDubs, is it happy hour o’clock […]

    […] go enter to win. I recently installed them in the house, and they are awesome. I also posted a new cocktail recipe called a Hugo over on Live Laugh Rowe. My mother-in-law introduced it to me while visiting Germany; it’s delicious! If you have […]

    […] Hello! I hope y’all have been having a fantastic summer since I last dropped in with my Hugo cocktail recipe. Recently, I’ve started to feel a bit behind. Have you? Maybe it’s the lazy, hazy, […]

    Leave a Reply Cancel reply

    Recent Posts

    @livelaughrowe on Instagram

    Categories

    I've been waiting for YOU.

    Sign up for daily or weekly updates.

    Although I'd hate to see you go, you may unsubscribe at any time.

    Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. I promise!

    Sign up for daily or weekly updates.

    Although I'd hate to see you go, you may unsubscribe at any time.

    Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. I promise!

    Hugo cocktail

    Hugo is a cocktail pleasing to the eye, fresh, light and fragrant: the perfect drink for the summer.

    At the base of the cocktail, elderflower syrup, derived from an ancient recipe from Trentino, the ideal aroma for drinks and appetizers.

    In the processing of elderflower nothing is left to the chance, especially at harvest. The best product you get in the late spring (may – june), avoiding hours of the morning, when the flowers are still closed, and the late afternoon, when the flowers could be too dry.

    UHugo can by modified by adding a slice of green apple or green apple syrup, another product of Trentino, rediscovered as a new ingredient of the Spritz.

    Elderflower-Syrup

    Elderflower-syrup , according to an old recipe from Trentino is the perfect natural aroma for drinks and appetizers.

    Good quality is given by the perfect blend of flavor and the traditional preparation. Sweet and aromatic, the new flavor for Summer 2013.

    Alcohol free base for fresh summer appetizers.

    How to use: diluted with water Elderflower-syrup becomes an refreshing drink such as tradition from Trentino. Combined with ice-cold Prosecco and a few leaves of mind it’s transformed in the excellent HUGO Cocktail.

    • As a drink: 2 cl. of syrup, 10 cl of mineral water (or as you like)
    • Hugo Cocktail: 3 cl of syrup, 7 cl of Prosecco (o sparkling wine), 2 cl of sparkeling mineral water
    • Hugo spritz: 2 cl of syrup, 7 cl of sparkling wine, 5 cl of Seltz.

    The Hugo: Prosecco, Elderflower & Mint

    One of my best friends, Jasmin, is in town visiting from Zurich this week! (and next week- yay!) As I think I’ve mentioned before on this blog, Jas is a bit of a travel junkie. Jasmin works just so she can travel, it’s the driving force in her life.

    In typical travel junkie fashion, Jasmin collects immunizations, passport stamps and now- passports! As of last week, our dear Jas is officially a Canadian and Swiss. 🙂

    Jasmin is a wonderful house-guest to have because she is fiercely independent. I don’t have to feel guilty about having to spend hours at the office while she’s here because she will pack her days full of enviable adventures regardless of my sporadic commitments. Case in point: as I write this, her and my mum are driving to Squamish to do some epic hike, followed by a tour of the best Persian grocery stores the North Shore has to offer.

    Since I do have to spend a fair deal of time at the office, Jasmin and I make sure we spend good quality time together over the evenings and weekends (and lunch hours and coffee breaks…). Of course, this has to include good food and drink.

    Fresh pasta, veal saltimbocca, local salmon… Last weekend Jas introduced me to the Aperol Spritz (finally! I know I’m like years overdue.) Amazing. Such a hit.

    Yesterday, it was The Hugo.

    Yeah, I’m a silly North American. Apparently The Hugo is The IT Drink in Europe this summer.

    Thankfully, I just happened to have all the ingredients for said drink at my house. A bottle of Italian Prosecco left over from our Aperol adventure, fresh mint from the garden and… the secret ingredient.

    Yep, that’s from IKEA.

    I’ve long been a fan of IKEA’s elderflower concentrate. Mixed with a little sparkling water, it becomes a quick and delicious sipper, comparable to those (rather pricey) Elderflower Presse bottles you find at Whole Foods.

    Well, let me tell you… no wonder this drink is such a hit, it really is the perfect summer aperitif. Deeeeeeply refreshing.

    Some people top their Hugo with a splash of sparkling water- feel free to do that if you wish, I personally don’t find it adds much. If the sparkling wine is toasty and not sweet, I find it’s refreshing enough on it’s own, and I don’t like diluting the flavours. To each their own, however- it certainly doesn’t hurt to get an extra splash of water on a hot day here and there.

    The elderflower concentrate is sweet, but we’re not using much of it. I find this cocktail is a real hit with people who love wine and people who are still on the fence about it- just wine-y enough to satisfy people like me and Chelsea, not so wine-y as to deter the Palm Bay fans (Denise, I’m looking at you, this drink has your name written all over it, my sweet!)

    Add just enough lemon to bump the acidity on your palette plus a sprinkle of lightly muddled mint- both classic ‘refreshing’ flavours… my goodness.

    Not to say I’m counting the minutes until 5pm but… well…

    • Ice cubes
    • Fresh mint
    • 1 part IKEA Elderflower concentrate
    • 3 parts Italian Prosecco or any brut sparkling wine (non-sweet)
    • 1 wedge of lemon or lime, squeezed
    1. Place ice cubes in a large wine glass. Gently muddle the mint, either using a pestle or your (clean) fingertips. Add to the glass(es) along with the juice from one lemon wedge.
    2. Add 1 part elderflower concentrate followed up 3 parts Prosecco. Enjoy!!

    Kathleen Mc says

    I think the genuine article is with elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain) but this version sounds very refreshing.

    Leave a Reply Cancel reply

    Girl meets girl. Girl bonds with girl over food. Food blog baby is born. Read more about us.

    Subscribe to Port and Fin!

    Chelsea has a serious crush on food. In fact, most of her day revolves around the thought "when am I going to eat next?" More…

    Finn likes to cook. And eat. Tragically, she doesn't have a sweet tooth, but she makes up for it with a substantial fat tooth. More…

    Hugo - Champagne Aperitif With Elderflower and Mint

    Recipe by BecR2400

    people discussing

    Top Review by

    Top Review by

    people discussing

    Hugo - Champagne Aperitif With Elderflower and Mint

    SERVES:

    Ingredients Nutrition

    • 100 ml prosecco (recommend Korbel Brut) or 100 ml champagne, brut (recommend Korbel Brut)
    • 150 ml sparkling water
    • 1 -2 teaspoon elderflower syrup
    • organic mint leaf
    • 2 organic limes, juice of
    • 1 organic lime, sliced
    • ice cube

    Directions

    1. Crush or muddle 4 mint leaves in a champagne or large wine glass.
    2. Add a small amount of elderflower syrup (about 1-2 teaspoons or 5-10 ml). Be careful not to add too much, otherwise you will end up with an overly sweet aperitif.
    3. Add the lime juice, champagne (100 ml= 3.38 fluid ounces) and mineral water (150 ml= 5 fluid ounces). Stir well with a cocktail spoon.
    4. Add more mint leaves and lime slices, and ice as desired.
    5. Serve with a straw.

    get the genius kitchen app.

    Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Roku, or Fire TV.

    get the genius kitchen app.

    Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Roku, or Fire TV.

    Join the Conversation

    • all
    • reviews
    • tweaks
    • q & a

    Attach Photo

    Would you like to attach a photo to your submission?

    • Browse
    • Cancel

    Attach Photo

    The image has been attached to your submission.

    Report this post?

    Are you sure you want to report this post for review?

    • Yes, report it.
    • Oops! Cancel!

    You must be logged in to interact with the activity feed.

    • Log in now
    • Cancel

    Missing Input

    Please enter a rating or review before submitting.

    Missing Input

    Please enter a reply before submitting.

    Please enter your before submitting.

    Your reply has been submitted for moderation.

    There was an error processing your submission. Please refresh and try again!

    Nutrition Info

    Serving Size: 1 (173 g)

    Servings Per Recipe: 2

    Amt. Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 78.6 Calories from Fat 1 2% Total Fat 0.2 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 7.3 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g 4% Dietary Fiber 2.8 g 11% Sugars 2.9 g 11% Protein 0.7 g 1%

    Recipe for Hugo Cocktail

    Recipe for Hugo Cocktail

    Hugo is a fresh and tasty cocktail, the perfect drink for the hot summer.

    Easy to prepare, no need of bartenders equipment, just a few ingredients mixed in the right way.

    And here the original recipe to prepare a great Hugo Cocktail:

    Hugo cocktail

      • Recipes
            • Meat and Poultry
            • Chicken
            • Pork
            • Beef
            • Lamb
            • Veal
            • Rabbit
            • Sauces
            • Pesto
            • Red pesto
            • Passata
            • Salsa verde
            • Bolognese ragù
            • Lamb sauce
            • Fish and Seafood
            • Cod
            • Red mullet
            • Clams
            • Cod
            • Red prawn
            • Mussels
            • See more
            • Courses
            • Starter
            • Main
            • Dessert
            • Canapés
            • Snack
            • Side dish
            • Vegetables
            • Artichoke
            • Mushroom
            • Beetroot
            • Asparagus
            • Aubergine
            • Courgette
            • Dish Types
            • Pasta
            • Pizza
            • Risotto
            • Salad
            • Seafood pasta
            • Soup
            • Speciality
            • Ricotta
            • Burrata
            • Polenta
            • Parmesan
            • Mozzarella
            • Coffee
            • Special Diet
            • Healthy
            • Vegetarian
            • Vegan
            • Gluten-free
            • Low carb
            • Pescatarian
            • Pasta
            • Easy pasta
            • Ravioli
            • Tagliatelle
            • Spaghetti
            • Tortellini
            • Gnocchi
            • See more
            • Test your skills
            • Challenging
            • Michelin star
            • Michelin star desserts
            • Sous vide
            • Dinner party
            • Filled pasta
        • After something else? Take a look at what's new and get inspired.

          Can't see what you're looking for? Browse our collection of cooking guides.

          Search by ingredient, dish or cuisine

          Search history

          Popular searches

          • Cocktail
          • easy
          • 1
          • 5 minutes

          This hugo cocktail recipe makes a beautifully fresh and summery tipple. A simple blend of elderflower cordial, Prosecco and fresh mint and lime, this drink will kick off your aperitivo hour in style.

          The folder name ' ' already exists. Please choose a different name.

          Please enter a name for the new folder.

          Great Italian Chefs is a team of passionate food-lovers dedicated to bringing you the latest news, views and reviews from the gastronomic mecca that is Italy.

          Why not try?

          The folder name ' ' already exists. Please choose a different name.

          Please enter a name for the new folder.

          This hugo cocktail recipe makes a beautifully fresh and summery tipple. A simple blend of elderflower cordial, Prosecco and fresh mint and lime, this drink will kick off your aperitivo hour in style.

          Great Italian Chefs is a team of passionate food-lovers dedicated to bringing you the latest news, views and reviews from the gastronomic mecca that is Italy.

          Ingredients

          Great Italian Chefs is a team of passionate food-lovers dedicated to bringing you the latest news, views and reviews from the gastronomic mecca that is Italy.

          Want more recipes like this delivered to your inbox?

          Sign up to our newsletter now and we'll send you a hand-picked round-up of the best seasonal recipes and features from the best chefs each week.

          We promise to never send you spam. We will always use your personal data in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy .

          Invalid email address

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with the best recipes and features. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with the best recipes and features. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          The folder name ' ' already exists. Please choose a different name.

          Please enter a name for the new folder.

          Change your username in user settings to something more personal.

          This comment was edited

          Please enter text

          Comments must be less than characters

          Report this comment

          Please state your report in the space below

          This comment was edited

          Please enter text

          Comments must be less than characters

          Report this comment

          Please state your report in the space below

          Change your username in user settings to something more personal.

          Report this comment

          Please state your report in the space below

          Thank you for the report

          It will be dealt with as soon as possible.

          Are you sure you want to delete this comment?

          You may also like

          The folder name ' ' already exists. Please choose a different name.

          Please enter a name for the new folder.

          NAVIGATE

          Home > Recipes

          NEWSLETTER

          Sign up to receive recipes, news and reviews from the UK's fastest growing food website

          We promise to never send you spam. We will always use your personal data in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy .

          Invalid email address

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with our best features and seasonal recipes and how to cook guides. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with our best features and seasonal recipes and how to cook guides. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          INFORMATION

          NEWSLETTER

          Sign up to receive recipes, news and reviews from the UK's fastest growing food website

          We promise to never send you spam. We will always use your personal data in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy .

          Invalid email address

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with our best features and seasonal recipes and how to cook guides. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          Thanks for subscribing

          We'll only contact you around once per week with our best features and seasonal recipes and how to cook guides. You can unsubscribe at any time.

          You're already subscribed!

          It looks like you've already signed up to our newsletter. If you have not already, why not register for an account here

          Hugo (Cocktail)

          Ajouter ma photo

          Ingrédients

          Ustensiles

          Ingrédients

          Nombre de personne

          cl de Vins mousseux (de préférence du Prosecco)

        • cl d'eau gazeuse

        • cl de sirop de fleurs de sureau

        • rondelle de citron vert

        • feuille de menthe fraîche

        • ustensiles

          10€ sur Marmiton Boutique

          Préparation imprimer

          Etape 2

          Etape 4

          Etape 6

          Note de l'auteur

          Cocktail à faible teneur en alcool, extrêmement rafraîchissant, originaire du Sud Tyrol (Italie).

          J'ajoute mon grain de sel

          Top vidéo au hasard - Faire un smoothie

          Votre navigateur ne peut pas afficher ce tag vidéo.

          Rédiger un mémo

          Choisir un carnet

          Pour conserver l'annotation de cette recette, vous devez également la sauver dans votre carnet.

          Sauver mon mémo

          1 avis sur cette recette

          Qu'en avez-vous pensé ?

          Donnez votre avis.

          Vous ne pouvez pas ajouter de commentaire à cette recette car vous l'avez déjà commentée

          Cette recette a reçu

          Avec 1 notes et avis

          Très bon, très frais

          À découvrir aussi

          Complétez votre équipement pour cuisiner

          Rejoignez la communauté

          Devenez testeur !

          En panne d'inspiration ?

          Voici des suggestions de recette qui pourraient vous intéresser

          Pétillant sans alcool au gingembre

          Pétillant sans alcool

          Mojito cubain

          Ajouter à mes carnets

          la recette Hugo (Cocktail)

          Choisir un carnet (0)

          J'ajoute la recette à mes carnets

          Partager à mes amis

          la recette Hugo (Cocktail)

          Vous confirmez que cette photo n'est pas une photo de cuisine ou ne correspond pas à cette recette ?

          Retrouvez Marmiton où que vous soyez en téléchargeant l'application

          Hugo Cocktail Recipe and Silver Wedding Anniversary!

          Enjoy the classic Hugo Cocktail Recipe, Insight Vacations’ refreshing summertime drink, made with elderberry syrup and Prosecco!

          Friends, my husband and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage today! Our once-young love is now … well, seasoned love.

          I so remember, on a very hot day in southern Oregon, saying these words: I will.

          Years of experiences—our courtship, wedding day, and children’s births, the loss of 3 parents, several moves and career paths, friends who’ve come and gone, friends who’ll stay forever—our experiences have been both amazing and grueling, and truly life-changing. We have both grown so much through it all, we hardly recognize ourselves!

          There’s the sheer joy and love you feel when everything is right, with no tension and no misunderstanding and no disappointment. But then reality sets in— sacrifice and forgiveness and dying to self, feelings that come and go, a gnawing sense that it maybe is supposed to be better than this.

          Commitment

          Marriage is a roller coaster. There are the highs and the lows. But it all comes down to commitment, love, and respect.

          Our children have watched us the closest–every day a commitment to each other and to our marriage. Some days have been easy and some days have been gruelingly hard. Some days we’ve been “over the moon” in love, and then some days are rather boring. But we made a commitment 25 years ago, and we’ve fallen in love more and more, a little at a time, a few steps forward, a few steps back. We’ve made a commitment to each other, to our family, friends, and our children, to our future family and to God.

          Being in our new mountain home, on this day, June 8th, 2016, we are committed to the future, with every day a gift. A new season for us, we’ve always said that we could live anywhere together and be happy. Because we are friends and lovers.

          Even though our current home is a work in progress, having things perfect on the outside won’t get you anywhere, but striving for “perfection” when it comes to building a strong relationship–—will.

          I will be committed to listening, changing as a result of inspiration (more than desperation), making memories, sweet times together, regular date nights (yes, even after 25 years together), and connecting regularly.

          Shauna Niequest says it well about regular date nights … What puts us back together is intention, connected time together. Making that time and pushing ourselves out of the house even when we’re tired is so good for us, because it reminds us that we’re living a love story, not running a small business together.

          Happy 25th Anniversary to us! Now it’s time to celebrate!

          Hugo Cocktail Recipe

          On my recent trip to Italy, every time we rolled into a new town, we enjoyed a glass of Prosecco, a sparkling white wine from the Veneto region of northeastern Italy.

          We also enjoyed several times the classic Hugo Cocktail, Insight Vacations’ refreshing, summertime drink, made with elderberry syrup and Prosecco.

          This time, with fresh mint from our backyard in Medford, and a slice of lime, won’t you celebrate with us our 25th SILVER wedding anniversary?

          Hugo Cocktail Recipe

          Refreshing celebration drink made with Prosecco (or champagne).

          Ingredients:

          • Ice cubes
          • 200 ml Prosecco (or champagne)
          • 100 ml sparkling water
          • 1-2 teaspoons elderflower syrup
          • 1-2 mint leaves
          • 1-2 slices of lime

          Directions:

          1. Crush or muddle 4 mint leaves into a large wine glass.
          2. Add a small amount of elderflower syrup (about 1-2 teaspoons).
          3. Add the lime juice, Prosecco and mineral water. Stir well.
          4. Add more mint leaves and lime slices, and ice as desired.

          posted by Sandy on June 8, 2016

          Don’t Miss a Thing!

          Get new posts delivered directly to your email box:

          You May Also Like.

          Chipotle BLT Dip with Fresh Corn

          Oregold Peaches Quinoa Salad

          Beef Bean Tostadas with Strawberry Beet Salsa

          12 comments on “Hugo Cocktail Recipe and Silver Wedding Anniversary!”

          Happy Anniversary Sandy!❤️

          Happy Anniversary to you both. What a lovely post – marriage is such a blessing yet it takes work. The grass is always green where you water it. Here’s to many more years of watering your marriage.

          I’m forwarding this on to my husband to read! After 36 years together we’re in a season of growth and reconnection after a grueling one. Intentional date nights have definitely helped the process. Love and Cheers to you both on your 25th!!

          Congratulations! So refreshing to see a happy, committed and connected couple reach this milestone. And cheers to many more years ahead!

          Happy Anniversary! Today is our 25th wedding anniversary as well. Marriage is a roller coaster ride for sure. This morning we exchanged cards and we both wrote the same sentiment in our cards (which is a first!). We both said we were looking forward to the next 25 years together and what they would bring. I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer in January which has brought us closer than ever and renewed our commitment to each other. Silver linings!

          Congratulations to you and your husband on your 25th Anniversary, Sandy. I appreciate your words of wisdom and those from Shauna Niequest. Date nights are important, too, even after 43 years of marriage for my husband and I. The difference in years being that after this many it’s hard to get up off the couch or in from gardening (which I love to do) as opposed to slowing down from the busyness you and your husband have at this stage in your lives. Good you have down-sized for the very reason that you are still so busy. Your “new” house is beautiful and look forward to seeing the updates. God’s Blessngs to you both in the next 25 years…one day at a time!

          P.S. I’m going to try the Hugo Cocktail. Thanks for the recipe.

          Congratulations wishing you so many more years together.

          Happy Anniversary to you and Paul Sandy! You are both a great example of the vows of marriage. I am so glad to hear about your new home! Exciting times!!

          Happy Anniversary! You mean it hasn’t all been peaches and cream all 25 years. :) I can’t wait to see your new home… and celebrate with an Insight Hugo cocktail!

          Oh Happy Milestone, how wonderful!! I love your story but this line especially… “changing as a result of inspiration (more than desperation).” What excellent advice.

          I know you are exemplifying a happy, healthy union to your beautiful kids. I wish you another 25 years together and many more after that!!

          (PS, what might you use in this yummy looking recipe, in lieu of white wine? Just sparkling white grape juice, or sprite?)

          Leave a Reply Cancel reply

          Welcome to my home and table! I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, travel, simple hospitality—and bringing people together. Feasting on Life is when guests come empty-handed, or with a dish, and they bring their story. It all begins the moment we open our door (and hearts). Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more.

          Let’s Connect

          Most Popular Posts

          Categories

          Looking for Something?

          don’t miss a thing!

          Get new posts delivered directly to your email box:

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...